Footeworks® has made its mark with businesses across the United States and Canada.
Combining a people-oriented approach with entrepreneurial savvy, we provide the support companies need to solve their problems and get to the next level.
From equine winemakers, to restaurateurs, to marina owners, to yoga studios, our approach has helped owners and the people who work for them attain unprecedented success.
Footeworks® has made its mark with small businesses across the United States and Canada. Combining a people-oriented approach with entrepreneurial savvy, we provide the support companies need to solve their problems and get to the next level.
From equine hospitals to law firms, to winemakers, to restaurateurs, to marina owners, to yoga studios, our approach has helped owners and the people who work for them attain unprecedented success. Some of our core services include:
• Increasing profitability: through our whole systems, rigorous diagnostic approach, we help companies establish mechanisms to contain costs and capture revenues. We guide you to eliminate efficiencies that have gone unnoticed, establish the right price points for services, and add more value to your clients while expanding your earnings.
• Growing market share: wherever your business is, and whatever cycle the economy is in, there are always opportunities to stabilize your existing client base and build market share. We apply our experience in marketing and sales to your unique offerings.
• Staff management: frequently owners are confused about how to manage their staff. What are the appropriate boundaries? How can you engender more accountability, professionalism, and better customer service? How can you attract and retain the best people? Through our people-first, whole systems approach, we assess the culture you have created and train you to build the one that will most support your goals and needs.
• Buy-ins and buy-outs: throughout different industries, we help smooth the entry of new owners buying into a business and the transition of owners selling their shares. We use our unique perspective grounded in the worlds of business and counseling, to structure deals that create long-term, win-win scenarios on both sides of the bargaining table.
• Customer Service: by working holistically, with every facet of the organization, we help service organizations improve the quality of the customer experience throughout each link of the relationship chain. From the initiation of appointments, to reception, to the delivery of services, to discharge and follow-up, we help install a culture that is responsive, proactive and committed to service..
VETERINARY PRACTICES and HOSPITALS
Footeworks® works with some of the nation’s largest and most reputable equine and veterinary hospitals, as well as with doctors just making the leap as business owners.
We help owners focus on building the business cultures and climates that attract new clients and make existing ones want to stay. We work to create governance structures and systems of accountability that enable each doctor to bring their fullest gifts to the practice while staying true to the goals of the team.
We build synergy and enthusiasm among interns, technicians and staff; iron out historical grievances between partners; and step-by-step construct and achieve strategies that increase market share, job fulfillment and secure the financial future that every doctor deserves.
We do so by helping doctors give to themselves, so they practice in connection with the original values that brought them into the profession and they achieve a balance between work and home.
The FooteWorks® process benefits educational organizations including large public school systems. Our methods are grounded in best practices from the world of business, nonprofit management, and education. These include:
• Board member training: We help elected community members accelerate their learning curve, so they understand how effective boards function internally and with the management of their superintendents. This includes specific training in governance, evaluation, and expert methods of communication.
• Clarifying governance: We assist board members and superintendents, along with their cabinets, to function efficiently by clarifying roles, responsibilities and accountability procedures.
• Executive coaching: Being responsible for organizations with thousands of employees and budgets in the tens or hundreds of millions is a daunting and lonely task. Footeworks assesses the needs of superintendents and together with them, crafts a strategic development and support plan, so they can grow as leaders.
• Conflict resolution: The test of the health of an organization is not whether conflict exists. (It always does.) The question is whether the organization understands how to utilize the conflict, so it becomes stronger. Footeworks helps districts build the internal mechanisms, so conflict builds strength and purpose.
• Strategic planning: An organization that uses all of its intellectual capital to put out fires is at the mercy of future trends. Progressive institutions are forward reaching and forward-looking. To this end, Footeworks offers strategic planning retreats and carefully targeted workshops.
• Specific departmental needs: Every school district has its own unique challenges. Sometimes these involve relationships between the teachers union and the administration. In other places, a particular department may be struggling, such as guidance, or special education. Footeworks identifies the root causes of the problems and works with administrative leaders to develop and implement sustainable solutions.